- Size range: 100 mm to 170 mm bore (3.94 in. to 6.69 in.)
- Full-complement design with a roller retainer to help eliminate roller fallout
- Simultaneous full misalignment and axial displacement capabilities
- Unique internal geometry optimizes contact stress and roller stability
- Standard ISO dimensions simplify interchange with toroidal and spherical roller bearings
- High static radial capacity for maximum reliability
- Misalignment capability of +/-0.5 degrees (8.7 millirads)
Timken® ADAPT™ combines cylindrical and spherical roller bearing designs into one easy-to-assemble, high-capacity configuration. It’s ideal for applications with combined misalignment and axial displacement.ADAPT designed for continuous casters.
The Timken® ADAPT™ bearing combines the traditional cylindrical roller bearing and spherical roller bearing configurations. Its proprietary outer race and roller profiles plus a cylindrical inner ring combine the key attributes of both bearing types. This unique three-point contact design geometry provides simultaneous misalignment and axial displacement performance, optimizes contact stress distribution, and helps promote roller stability. The result is a more dynamic, more reliable bearing.